Memorandum of Agreement
Between AITA/IATA asbl
(International Amateur Theatre Association)
and IDEA (International Drama/Theatre and Education Association)
During the 17th IATA/AITA World Congress held in Burg Schlaining, Austria, 3rd-9th April 2009, the IATA/AITA Standing Committee for Children and Youth met with Dan Baron Cohen, President of IDEA, to discuss the distinctive contributions of each organization in order to support and strengthen one another.
The following six actions were agreed:
- To invite the President of each organization to participate in the World Congress and General Assembly of the other organization;
- To create opportunities to exchange expertise and to collaborate;
- To maintain an integrated calendar of regional and world events and exchange of information;
- To promote the events of each organization through its networks in order to broaden world-wide participation;
- To ensure the active participation of IATA/AITA in the development and strategic projects of the World Alliance for Arts Education;
- To explore possibilities of forming a World Theatre Council with ASSITEJ (International Association of Theatre for Children and Young People) and ITI (International Theatre Institute) to strengthen research, networking and advocacy.
Helle B. Hauger
Chair of the SCCY
Dan Baron Cohen
President of IDEA
President of AITA/IATA
signed at Burg Schlaining in Austria, 9th April 2009
This Memorandum of Agreement will be submitted for acceptance by the Council of IATA/AITA and the General Council of IDEA.
Read more about this agreement by going here. (opens to new website)