Membership Categories, Fees and Subscriptions
At the July 2015 AITA/IATA asbl General Assembly, Delegates voted to reduce the Membership Fee of National Centres and Affiliates and the Subscription of Associates. A four-tier structure of membership was also agreed. Detailed below is the new structure and Fee and Subscription levels.
Any institution, festival, drama group or individual in any country can become an AITA/IATA Associate. Associates are not members and do not have any voting rights at the biannual General Assembly but they can attend and speak. They also have an access to festivals and events organised by AITA/IATA asbl and receive information from the Secretariat.
The annual Subscription for Associates is as follows:
- Associate in HDI Category 1 (Very High) Country € 50
- Associate in HDI Category 2 (High) Country € 50
- Associate in HDI Category 3 (Medium) Country € 50
- Associate in HDI Category 3 (Low) Country € 10
Associates are registered by AITA/IATA asbl Council.
National Centres and Affiliates:
National Centres are organisations that network with amateur theatre organisations throughout their country or autonomous territory. They communicate and co-ordinate information from AITA/IATA asbl to these organisations. National Centres have 6 votes at General Assembly.
Affiliate Members are national representative bodies that are working towards the establishment of a National Centre or official representative organisations of an autonomous territory. Affiliate Members have 2 votes at General Assembly.
The annual Membership Fee for Members and Affiliates is as follows:
- Full Member or Affiliate Member in HDI Category 1 (Very High) Country € 350
- Full Member or Affiliate Member in HDI Category 2 (High) Country € 250
- Full Member or Affiliate Member in HDI Category 3 (Medium) Country € 150
- Full Member or Affiliate Member in HDI Category 4 (Low) Country € 25
To become a National Centre of its country, an organisation first has to be accepted by the General Assembly as an Affiliate Member for at least two years. During that time it will be evaluated by the Regional Representative and get full support. In case of no Regional Representative, a member of the Council will be appointed to evaluate the performance of the organisation. The membership status is a subject to ratification by the General Assembly of AITA/IATA asbl.
Secretariat AITA/IATA asbl